Friday, April 22, 2016

Descant

There is a new pattern on Ravelry that caught my eye. It is called Descant and can be purchased on Ravelry.
Descant is the fifth voice in a traditional SATB choir. It’s a line typically higher than soprano voices, added for another layer of depth to a piece. This Descant is knit with five different colors of yarn, from the Lorna’s Laces String Quintet set.

Finished Size: 16” depth, 64” wingspan

Yarn: Lorna’s Laces String Quintet 535 yards String Quintet is composed of five 107-yard mini skeins of Shepherd Sock (80% Superwash merino wool/20% Nylon), 435 yards/100 grams; sample worked in “Trumpet” Colorway.

Needles: 40” circular needle, size 7 US (4.5mm), or size to obtain gauge.
I love it hate it love it when new patterns are released on Ravelry. Why hate it? Because I don't knit fast enough. Or maybe the problem is that I need sleep. If I could only knit from midnight to 4am everyday and still work. I love it because there are so many pattern options available now.


String Quintet kits come in amazing colours.

Sorry - you are going to hear lots about the Frolic for the next week. It's one of the biggest and best knitting shows in the area. I highly recommend you attend. Even if you aren't looking for more yarn the inspiration you will get is amazing. You will drive home and pull out a project to get it finished.
It's time to hit Publish and get back to work. Lynn and I are redressing mannequins. They have new summer clothes.

No comments: