Thursday, November 19, 2015

Ombre Cowl Hood

Lynn and I have a small competition going. Who can knit their Ombre Cowl Hood quicker? (Of course you knew that I would cast on and make one. Rowan Kidsilk Haze worked double strand - I'm always in for that). We had fun picking out colours. Actually it wasn't that easy because Rowan's Kidsilk Haze has so many beautiful colours.
I started with 641 Blackcurrent and now I'm working with 589 Magestic. 671 Peacock will be my last colour. The pictures above are the colour swatches that I took from Rowan's website. The picture below was taken on my dining room table. These are truer colours. There is a small lesson here - the colours online aren't always exactly as they look in real life. We try our best. If you want to order from the store, I am always willing to take a real picture for you and email it to show you how the colour looks.

Now I'm off to knit more. Lynn is upset with me. She was doing errands for her dad today and didn't get to knit. Not my problem :)

No comments: