Friday, November 13, 2015

Beach Roses

We received more Classy mini skeins in yesterday's shipment from Dream in Color so Beth and I made up kits last night for the Technicolor Cowl.
 The dining room table works very well for spreading out yarn.

While playing on Ravelry this morning, I found a new pattern by Laura Aylor.

Beach Roses is purchased on Ravelry and if you hurry there is a discount.
This modified triangle shawl is mostly smooth stockinette with a pretty star stitch transition band between each color. Extra increases on wrong-side rows make the triangle shape shallower and eliminate the pre-blocking diamond shape often seen with stockinette triangles, helping it to stay in place on your shoulders. Leftovers are used to make a lush fringe.
 I have knit Laura's patterns and they are well written and easy to follow.
The shawl is knit in fingering weight and I would suggest tosh merino light. This will give you the largest choice of colours. Maybe too large :)

I'm home from work and it's knitting time. The Amazing Race is taping. CNN was on the TV but I had to change the channel for a bit. The news is so upsetting. My prayers go out to the people in Paris.

No comments: