Thursday, June 04, 2015

The Backyard

There is a new, free pattern on Rowan's website.
Knit this ladies long line sweater, the member's exclusive free pattern for June 2015. Designed by Gemma Atkinson using the stunning yarn Kidsilk Haze (wool and mohair), this pretty long sleeved top is embellished with crochet leaf and flower motifs.
Download the pattern…

Here are a few more pictures from TNNA.
A fabulous shawl from Rowan.
A new yarn coming from Classic Elite.

Today was spent at the new house for a few reasons.

1. Bell came and set up our phone, Internet and Fibe TV. So far the Fibe is really cool.
2. The kitchen cabinet company came to make a couple of touch ups.
3. We were getting the backyard ready for the dogs.
Our friend Luke came to grade the backyard. This was his ride for the day. I wouldn't want to go too far in it - it doesn't go very fast and no air conditioning.
The first load of stone. This was tamped down and then another load of much finer stone came.
Dad is working at an arena in Toronto and they had a huge roll of turf. We need to have our deck finished before the real artificial grass can go down. This is temporary until the end of the summer.






On the weekend we are putting up temporary fencing around the turf and then the dogs can move in with us next week.
Beth and I bought these awesome baskets (of course they are for yarn) at Pottery Barn a while ago. They have been in storage waiting for the house to be finished.
The colours are perfect.
My knitting chair is ready for me. Actually, that yarn was put there early this morning and I never got a stitch knit.

The moving company is coming on Monday to pack the house but there are some things that I want to pack myself. That's my job for the rest of the evening. I wish I was Samantha from Bewitched and could wiggle my nose and it would be finished.

No comments: