Saturday, June 06, 2015

Echoes

Kim Hargreaves latest book Echoes has arrived.
Let watery hues transport you to a place of calm, delightful relaxation. Influenced by a blend of diverse elements the collection plays with stripes, from subtle ticking to crisp cabled bands, while soft flounces and sheer knitted fabrics fit perfectly with a soft summer breeze letting you drift away to a state of bliss.

Wave is knit in double strand Kidsilk Haze. It would look great in Kidsilk Haze Stripe as well.
Spray is knit in Cotton Lustre - a new yarn for this summer.
Lagoon is also knit in Cotton Lustre.
Cotton Lustre is an interesting blend of cotton, linen and modal which gives it a wonderful drape with a soft handle. This yarn incorporates the essential summer shades and knits on 6mm needles making it perfect for a quick summer knits. The colour palette incorporates the essential summer shades.
Dune is knit in Original Denim. Thank you Kim for another fabulous pattern book.

Madelinetosh home has been calling my name. I love the colour dachshund. What to make?? I decided to do an afghan for the new house. An easy, take with me project is the Log Cabin Afghan. I'm following the pattern on 8mm needles. It will look totally different than my other Log Cabin - the first was knit in Noro so the squares stripe. These squares are all over colour. Because the skeins are hand dyed, the colours will change a bit throughout each square. And square to square could end up a bit different.

I'm early with today's post. I was afraid that if I don't finish now I will forget later. My after work job isn't going to be fun. Start filling boxes.

No comments: