Sunday, February 22, 2015

Hello from Myrtle Beach

I'm not looking forward to flying home tomorrow. It looks like it's going to be really cold. I have boots, mittens and my winter coat with me. I'm afraid that I'm going to be digging out the truck at the airport. I am prepared though. There is a shovel in the truck :)

The weather here is warming up. The first night was freezing. And there was no heat in the house. They couldn't get it fixed. Apparently the furnace is wired all wrong so they need parts and are coming back tomorrow. I slept here Friday night with the taps dripping in the bathrooms. Just to make sure that the pipes didn't freeze. I came up with a little trick. I put the blankets and my pjs in the dryer before bed. It was warm and toasty.

I spent the day with mom and dad yesterday and today. We watched TV. Ran to the flea market to buy flags for the front of the store. That was an experience. Had some great meals. And lots of time to talk with mom and dad. I also squeezed in a quick visit to the quilt shop. Many of you tell me that you have enough yarn at home. I'm the same with quilt fabric. I have enough but you can always use more.

And I did some knitting. Here is Ley Lines.

I love the pattern and the Serenity Silk Single from Zen Yarn Garden is a dream to knit with.

I'm in cleaning mode while writing. I keep jumping up to do laundry or the dishes. My flight is at 9am so dad is picking me up at 7. Way too early but I'd rather sit at the airport than have to run for my plane.

After I hit Publish, I'm going to knit for an hour or so. Just to relax myself before bed.

No comments: