Sunday, February 15, 2015

Family Day

Tomorrow is Family Day so the store will be closed. It should be renamed 'Sit on the Couch and Knit Day'

Last night was the annual Valentines Dinner to raise money for Honduras. For some reason it is always very cold on the night of the dinner. The dinner is held in a school gym and Beth and I are on the team of people serving dinner. Be a server for an evening and you will leave a big tip every time you eat out. It isn't easy. The money raised ($13,000) provides support for various community development projects in Honduras and the Carpenteros' Education Fund. 

Today was all about resting. And knitting. I pulled out the infinity scarf that I am knitting with Classic Elite Silky Alpaca Lace. There are 6 strands held together which gives a great tweedy look.
The yarn came in The Come Together kit and there is enough yarn to make a large project like a scarf and a small project like a cowl or hat. I'm going to use the left over yarn to make a cowl.

It's time to set aside the infinity scarf and start the cowl. I'll knit the cowl to where I want it and then use the left over to finish the infinity scarf. This way I use up all the yarn. I really hate having anything left over.

Of course I can't find the needles for the cowl so I went back to Ley Lines. Normally I hate working a project in ribbing but this shawl has grabbed me. I can't put it down. It's time to get back to it and watch CSI. We have two episodes tonight and from the commercials it looks like Nick is leaving. I am going to be so sad. :(

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

I enjoy your postings! What is the difference between an infinity scarf and a cowl? Thanks, Rosemary