Tuesday, November 18, 2014

They're Back

Ponchos that is.
Knit this ladies accessory cable poncho, a design from the Rowan archive that is now available as a free pattern to download. Designed by Marie Wallin using our wonderfully soft roving yarn Drift (wool), this poncho has  deep rib edgings and a chunky rib stand up collar.
The pattern is free on Rowan's website... We don't have Drift in the store (it's been discontinued) but you can knit it out of Rowan Big Wool or Big Wool Colour.

Ponchos are a must have addition to the winter wardrobe this season and we are delighted to bring you a collection of 7 designs from the Rowan archive.This range includes a simple stocking stitch design with garter stitch edgings, a short sleeved cable design and a super cosy cable cover up.
See all the patterns in Rowan's Online Collection... 

Beth finished her cowl last night. I did the sewing for her today. I think it might have taken me more time to graft the stitches than it took her to knit them.

Pattern: Monster Cowl (free on Ravelry)
Yarn: 2 balls of Filatura di Crosa Ciccio

Beth liked doubling the yarn on 25mm needles so she is going to try an experiment tonight. We'll see how it goes.

As you know I like to take pictures outside. There was no way my friend and I were going outside today. It is really, really cold out there. The good thing is that we didn't get the snow like they are getting further north and in the Buffalo area. I hear we are getting snow tomorrow. It's time to switch vehicles with my mom. My car is moving into their garage and I'm taking her Edge.

The fireplace is on and it's time to knit. The kettle is boiling for a cup of tea. There is no better way to spend a winter evening.


No comments: