Thursday, October 23, 2014

Dream in Color

Mr. UPS delivered a box from Dream in Color this afternoon. There were 4 special skeins in the box. The October Dream Club colour is back in stock.

One skein will make this cowl.


The mini skeins of Classy are back in stock too. 
I'm going to have fun making kits tomorrow.

Cathy was in the store today so that I could do paperwork at home. Actually, I was supposed to be resting but that didn't happen. I have to leave Cathy chores (she doesn't sit very well) so I asked her to straighten the Taiyo Sock Yarn. Then I remembered that we have a great scarf knit in the Noro yarn.
A cotton and wool blend fingering weight yarn that comes with generous 457 yards of yarn in each 100 gram skein. Ideal for modular knitting, socks and lace projects.
Pattern: Drop City (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: 2 balls of Taiyo Sock
The yarn is also updated on the website... All the colours and amounts that we have in stock. There are lots of great colours to choose from.

There is another major job happening at home right now.
At TNNA (the trade show that I go to twice a year to purchase yarn and accessories for the store) in May the Yarn Group did a scavenger hunt on the show floor called The Quest. We're going to be doing The Quest again in January. Beth and I are in charge. We are also setting up the Yarn Group Lounge. What to do in the Lounge? Food? Speakers? Furniture? Posters? Garments? There are many decisions to be made.

No one can say that life is boring at my house.

No comments: