Saturday, August 09, 2014

The Warrior

Diana just dropped off an amazing shawl.

Pattern: Warrior Shawl by Tanis Gray (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: 3 skeins of Mrs. Crosby Carpet Bag in Boston Fern

A couple of notes about our sample
-Diana knit until the 3 skeins were almost finished
-this added in an extra leaf pattern
-by doing this she was a bit short for the border in the pattern - a picot cast off
-instead she did a regular cast off and blocked the points
-we decided that a warrior wouldn't have a picot edge :)

I'm looking at the shawl in the store compared to my pictures. It isn't as brown in real life - very much a shade of green. The other thing that you can't see in the picture is the shine from the silk in the yarn.



I thought that I had lots of pretty pictures for my post when Dalia sent an email. The shawl is awesome and her mannequin is genius.
I just finished one of the "Colour Play Mohair Wraps".  It's for my friend Pam who is moving to Australia in a couple of weeks, so I named it "The Australia Wrap".  I love how the colours turned out.  Do you like my mannequin?  The apple tree in our yard doesn't bear great apples, but it stands perfectly still for photos.  By the way, knitting with Kidsilk Haze is pure ecstasy.  I'm planning to knit the next one for myself.

I was at work early again this morning. Another drink for my plants. This hosta is very happy with me. Lots of blooms.

Golf is on the TV in the store and I'm going to sign off and knit between customers. My shawls aren't going to knit themselves.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Which colour of the Kidsilk haze makes the beautiful royal blue?