Tuesday, December 17, 2013

New Yarn

Bastion is a new yarn from Old Mill Knitting. 
Our first yarn under our private Old Mill Knitting label, Bastion is a bulky weight yarn that knits to a tension of 12 stitches on a 6mm needle.  The construction of the yarn is such that it has great loft making it a quick knit but very light.  Bastion comes in 17 colours including 4 of the ever popular neon shades.
70% acrylic
30% wool
50m on a 50gram ball


There are many, many hat patterns available. A hat will take 2-3 balls depending on how many colours you choose to use.

Want to add something really cool to your hat? We have fur (not real fur) pom poms. These are $4.99 each.

Jackie and Jill have been busy rearranging. The Cascade 220 is totally in order right now. They've counted it all and now I need to update the website. 
Haymarket has a new home in the aran/worsted room.
They've also gone through Liberty Wool and Rowan Handknit Cotton. I kept them busy today.

Every day I spend time on Ravelry looking at new patterns and the 'hot right now' patterns. If I see something that interests me or I think would interest other knitters I show it on Facebook. Keep checking out our Facebook page (liking us would be even better) to see what's interesting.

Opal Smile is being shipped to us tomorrow. I don't think it will make it here by the end of the week. Maybe Monday or Tuesday.
It was very late in the day when Ms. Canada Post arrived with the last box from madelinetosh. ASAP in nassau blue
and mala.
Now I'm rethinking my colour. There is something about mala that I really like. Or maybe use cathedral for one project and mala for something else.

We're watching the finale of Big Break. It really makes me want to golf. Beth and I are thinking about taking our clubs to San Diego. We have so many things planned for the trip. The zoo (everyone who goes to San Diego has to visit the zoo-it is one of the best in the world), Sea World, shopping and maybe golf. We might have to skip a day of the trade show :)

No comments: